Accommodation for care leavers

MQT on 2016-10-19
Session date: 
October 19, 2016
Question By: 
Fiona Twycross
Labour Group
Asked Of: 
The Mayor


Will supported housing commissioned by Homes for Londoners include accommodation that is appropriate for care leavers?


Answer for Accommodation for care leavers

Answer for Accommodation for care leavers

Answered By: 
The Mayor

Homes for Londoners will not directly commission housing, supported or otherwise. However, It will oversee London's housing-related investment programmes, which include funding for developing and improving supported accommodation for a whole range of groups who need supported accommodation, young people among them. It is for boroughs and their supported accommodation providers to identify the precise groups for whom accommodation is required.