BT Delays in Bermondsey

MQT on 2015-09-16
Session date: 
September 16, 2015
Question By: 
Caroline Pidgeon
Liberal Democrats
Asked Of: 
The Mayor


What can you do to force BT to act following their repeated failure to supply phone and broadband connections to two developments at Jacobs House and Hartley House in Bermondsey?


Answer for BT Delays in Bermondsey

Answer for BT Delays in Bermondsey

Answered By: 
The Mayor

I'm sorry to hear that these two developments have so far been unable to receive phone and broadband connections.

My Connectivity Advisory Group (CAG), chaired by Sir Edward Lister, regularly brings together providers (including BT, Virgin and others) as well as the property sector, borough councils, and others, to work together towards solving connectivity problems across the capital.  My Connectivity Map allows residents to register their broadband demand, providing a strong incentive for providers to make investments in infrastructure.  Further initiatives stemming from the CAG to help improve broadband will be announced in the coming month.

There are many providers of connectivity services available across the capital, some of which do not require a landline to be installed. The property owners may wish to contact some of these alternative providers to discuss options for connectivity provision to their buildings.

Complaints regarding BT's service provision can be made to Ofcom, the communications regulator, who regulates BT Openreach activity. They can be reached using the contact details on their website, located at this page: