GLA Land

Meeting: 
MQT on 2014-03-19
Session date: 
March 19, 2014
Reference: 
2014/1667
Question By: 
Andrew Boff
Organisation: 
GLA Conservatives
Asked Of: 
The Mayor

Question

Following the launch of the Lymington Fields scheme, would the Mayor please update the Assembly on which areas of GLA land have now been brought forward for development, how many homes and jobs these will provide, and what plans you have for other areas of GLA land?

Answer

Answer for GLA Land

Answer for GLA Land

Answered By: 
The Mayor

Between April 2012 and December 2013 the GLA released 145 hectares of land for development and create 35,000 jobs.

Over 85% of the portfolio has either been developed, is in the course of development, is contractually committed or is currently being marketed. This leaves under 15% still available for development and this part of the portfolio is either currently under active review or will be marketed shortly. I am committed to having an exit strategy in place for GLA land and we are well on target to achieve this.

Including the GLA's interest in Barking Riverside, the property portfolio inherited in 2012 has the capacity to deliver 40,000 new homes.