Overcrowding target

Meeting: 
MQT on 2013-05-22
Session date: 
May 22, 2013
Reference: 
2013/1356
Question By: 
Darren Johnson
Organisation: 
City Hall Greens
Asked Of: 
The Mayor

Question

You have a target to halve severe overcrowding by 2016, but that only addresses 5 per cent of overcrowded households in London. Will you set a target to reduce overcrowding among the remaining 95%, which house an estimated one in four children in London?

Answer

Answer for Overcrowding target

Answer for Overcrowding target

Answered By: 
The Mayor

I do not intend to set further overcrowding targets at this time.

I refer you to MQ 1426/ 2013 where I have set out the wide range of steps I am taking to tackle the problem of overcrowding.