Boris Johnson MP (past staff) - Register of interests
Notification of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
1. Details of any employment, office, trade, profession or vocation carried on for profit or gain by me or my partner.
[Partner means spouse, civil partner, a person with whom you live as husband or wife, or a person with whom you live as if you are civil partners]
- Member of Parliament for Uxbridge and South Ruislip
- The Daily Telegraph (Column Writer)
- Mail on Sunday, occasional diaries and literary reviews
- Spectator, occasional diaries
- Harper Collins Publishers UK
- Hodder and Stoughton Limited of Hachette UK Ltd
- Churchill Heritage Ltd
- Touch Press
- Overseas secondary rights contracts include:
Alpina (Russia), Fushosha Co Ltd (Japan), Nakladatelstvi Leda (Czech), Thyrathen/Epilogi (Greece), Garzanti Libri SPA (Italy), Verlage Haffmans & Tolkemitt (Germany), Penguin Random House (USA), Laffont (France), Azbooka-Atticus Publishing Group LLC (Russia), Shang Shu Culture Media Co (China)
- THE CHURCHILL FACTOR foreign agreements:
Hermes (Bulgaria), Kniha Zlin (Czech), Shang Shu Culture Media Co (China), Lindhardt (Denmark), Uitgerverij Uniboek/ Het Spectrum bv (Netherlands), Uegen (Albania), Editions Stock (France), Klett-Cotta (Germany), Akademiai Kiado RT (Hungary), President Inc (Japan), Tyto Alba (Lithuania), Gimm -Young (South Korea) Planeta (Brazil), Leya (Portugal), Azbooka-Atticus Publishing Group LLC (Russia), Albion Books (Serbia), Alianza (Spain), Riverhead (an imprint of Penguin USA)
- Shakespeare in the 400th anniversary of his death - Hodder & Stoughton (UK), Riverhead (US), McClelland & Stewart (Canada)
- My wife Marina Wheeler is a Barrister at 1 Crown Office Row, London
2. Details of any payment or provision of any other financial benefit (other than from the GLA) made or provided within the last 12 months in respect of any expenses incurred by me in carrying out my duties as a member, or towards my election expenses. (This includes any payment or financial benefit from a trade union).
3(a). Details of any contract which is made between (i) myself (or my partner) and (ii) the GLA under which (a) goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed and (b) which has not been fully discharged.
3(b). Details of any contract which is made between (i) a firm in which I (or my partner) is a partner and (ii) the GLA under which (a) goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed and (b) which has not been fully discharged.
3(c). Details of any contract which is made between (i) a body corporate of which I (or my partner) is a director and (ii) the GLA under which (a) goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed and (b) which has not been fully discharged.
[Director includes a member of the committee of management of an industrial and provident society]
3(d). Details of any contract which is made between (i) a firm or a body corporate that in the securities of which I (or my partner) has a beneficial interest and (ii) the GLA under which (a) goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed and (b) which has not been fully discharged.
[Securities means shares, debentures, debenture stock, loan stock, bonds, units of a collective investment scheme within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and other securities of any description, other than money deposited with a building society.
4. Details of any beneficial interest that I or my partner has in land within Greater London that entitles me or my partner to occupy (alone or jointly with another) that land, or to receive income from it.
- (sensitive information within paragraph 14(3) of the Code of Conduct)
- I have an interest in a property potentially affected by the proposed Crossrail 2 route
5. Details of any licence that entitles me or my partner (alone or jointly with others) to occupy land in Greater London for a month or longer.
6. Details of any tenancy where, to my knowledge, (a) the GLA is the landlord; and (b) the tenant is (i) a firm in which I (or my partner) is a partner, (ii) a body corporate of which I (or my partner) is a director, or (iii) (i) a firm or a body corporate that in the securities of which I (or my partner) has a beneficial interest.
7. Details of beneficial interest that I or my partner has in the securities of a body where (a) that body (to my knowledge) has a place of business or land in Greater London; and (b) either (i) the total nominal value of the securities that I or my partner has exceeds £25,000 or one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that body; or (ii) if the share capital of that body is of more than one class, the total nominal value of the shares of any one class in which I or my partner has a beneficial interest exceeds one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that class.
I recognise that it is a breach of the Localism Act 2011 and a criminal offence to:
- Omit information that ought to be given in this notice;
- Provide information that it materially false or misleading;
- Fail to give further notice to the Monitoring Officer, within 28 days of becoming aware of any change to the interests specified, or of acquiring any new interest, in order to bring up to date the information given in this notice.
Notification of Other Interests
I am currently:
- Chair of TfL
- Co-Chair, Crossrail High Level Forum
- Chair, London Crime Reduction Board
- Chair, London Health Board
- Chair, London Enterprise Panel
- Chair of the London Infrastructure Delivery Board
I also have powers and duties in respect of policing in London, which are discharged through the Mayor’s Office for Policing & Crime (MOPAC). I have, as required, completed a separate Register of Interests form to cover MOPAC matters.
I also hold the following positions:
- Member, Henley & District Agricultural Association
- Member, Henley 100 Club
- President , Anglo Turkish Society
- Honorary Member, Carlton Club
- Member, The Beefsteak Club
- Patron, The Iris Project
- Patron, Downside Up, British-Russian Charity in support of children with Down Syndrome
- Honorary Patron, The English Music Festival
- Patron, Classics for All
- Honourable Patron , London Tigers
- Ex officio Patron, The Mayor's Fund for London
- Ex officio Patron, Mayor's Music Fund
- Honorary Fellow of Royal Institute British Architects
- Patron, Fastrack, Young Professionals in the Conservative Party
- President, Islington Conservative Association
- Member, Conservative Party
- Ex officio Patron, The Shubbak Festival
- Patron, The Faith’s Forum
- Ex officio Member, The Chelsea Art's Club
- Member, The Other Club
- Donor, Balliol Classics Fellowship
- Honorary Ambassador, The KP24 Foundation