The role of the London Infrastructure Group is to inform the London Enterprise Panel’s approach to:
a) considering strategic infrastructure needs that will create jobs and growth for London, including but not limited to transport, energy (including infrastructure that will create sustainable energy), telecommunications, data centres, water and waste;
b) using funds made available by the GLA, via the LEP or other funding sources, to identify, consider and prioritise proposals for strategic investment in infrastructure;
c) proactively identify and progress alternative funding sources, including direct foreign investment, in consultation with the GLA, London & Partners and other bodies as appropriate;
d) advising the Mayor on the allocation of funding, subject to the agreement of the funder and/or accountable body for that funding stream;
e) In advising on the allocation of funding, to undertake the following activities:
· Ensuring the investment of funding from the Growing Places Fund is linked explicitly to job creation and sustainable employment;
· Consideration of specific investment proposals in accordance with the London Plan, the Mayor’s Economic Development Strategy, the Mayor’s Transport Strategy, and the Mayor’s environmental strategies;
· Consideration of the financial performance of investments, including progress against any agreed repayment schedules;
· Consideration of progress against agreed investment outputs and outcomes;
· Monitoring and identification of risks; and
· Consideration of evaluation reports in order to inform future investments.
f) To contribute towards the delivery of the London Plan, the Mayor’s Economic Development Strategy, the Mayor’s Transport Strategy, and the Mayor’s environmental strategies in relation to the role of infrastructure in creating jobs and growth for London.
Support officer: James Stanton, Senior Board Officer. Tel: 020 7983 6549 Email: [email protected]