Report of the Executive Director of Secretariat
Contact: Riina Heinonen, [email protected]; 020 7983 4510
The Committee is recommended to:
(a) Agree the areas for consideration set out in paragraph 4.1 of the report for this meeting;
(b) Note the report as background to the discussion with the invited guests on the GLA Culture Team and place-based culture initiatives and note the subsequent discussion; and
(c) Delegate authority to the Chairman, in consultation with the Deputy Chair, to agree any output from the meeting on the review of the work of the GLA Culture Team and place-based culture initiatives.
6.1 The Committee received the report of the Executive Director of Secretariat as
background to a discussion with the invited guests on the Greater London Authority’s (GLA) Culture Team and place-based cultural initiatives.
6.2 The Chair welcomed the following invited guests to the meeting:
· Councillor Matthew Bennett, Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment & New Homes, Lambeth Council;
· Shonagh Manson, Assistant Director – Culture and Creative Industries, GLA; and
· Rachel Roe, Senior Policy Officer – Culture Infrastructure, GLA.
6.3 The Senior Policy Officer – Culture Infrastructure, GLA, gave a demonstration on the interactive digital culture map.
6.4 A transcript of the discussion is attached at Appendix 1.
· The number of boroughs who had incorporated the Cultural Infrastructure Map in their Local Plan;
· Information on what was planned for culture-led uses in the Royal Docks; and
· Regular feedback on the progress of the Creative Land Trust; and
· The number of fulltime equivalent posts in the Culture Team.
6.6 At the end of the discussion, the Chairman thanked the guests for their attendance and helpful contributions to the meeting.
(a) That the areas for consideration, as set out in paragraph 4.1 of the report, be agreed.
(b) That the report and discussion with invited guests be noted.
(c) That authority be delegated to the Chairman, in consultation with the Deputy Chair, to agree any output from the meeting on the review of the GLA Culture Team and place-based culture initiatives.