Report of the Executive Director of Secretariat
Contact: Janette Roker, [email protected]; 020 7983 6562
The Committee is recommended to:
(a) Note the monthly report from the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime, attached at Appendix 1 to the report, as background to the question and answer session with the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime and Metropolitan Police Service; and
(b) Note the answers given by the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime and the Metropolitan Police Service to the questions asked by Members.
5.1 The Committee received the report of the Executive Director of Secretariat as background to the questions and answer session with the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime and Metropolitan Police Service (MPS).
5.2 The Chair welcomed the following guests to the meeting:
· Sophie Linden, Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime; and
· Sir Stephen House QPM, Deputy Commissioner, MPS.
5.3 A transcript of the discussion is attached at Appendix 1.
5.4 During the course of the discussion, the Deputy Commissioner, MPS, undertook to:
· Provide the full costs of policing the visit of the President of the United States;
· Provide the full costs proceeding against those arrested in connection with the Extinction Rebellion protests;
· Provide the average time for the vetting process for Independent Custody Visitors.
· Provide the average time for the vetting process in general;
· Look into whether it would be possible to extend term for Independent Custody Visitors who were going through the renewal process; and
· Provide the number of vulnerable adults/ children interviewed without an appropriate adult present in 2018.
5.5 During the course of the discussion, the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime undertook to:
· To consider the way violence data was shown on the Crime Dashboard and include an explanation about the data;
· To discuss with the British Transport Police whether it would be possible to include their figures for ASB on public transport on the Crime Dashboard;
· To provide the number of Independent Custody Visitor visits by custody suite; and
· To provide information on what MOPAC had done to support people who wanted to be Independent Custody Visitors but their usual custody suite had closed and provide the figure for how many Independent Custody Visitors had given up their role as a result of the closure of their usual custody suite.
5.6 At the end of the discussion the Chairman thanked the guests for their attendance and helpful contributions.
(a) That the monthly report from the Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime, attached at Appendix 1 of the report, be noted.
(b) That the report and answers given by the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime and the MPS to the questions asked by Members be noted.