The Committee is recommended to note its terms of reference, which were agreed at the Annual Meeting of the London Assembly on 2 May 2019, as follows:
1. To examine at each stage of the consultation process the Mayor’s budget proposals for the next financial year and to report to the Assembly thereon as necessary.
2. To report to the Assembly on the Mayor’s consultation budget at the conclusion of the consultation process.
3. To undertake the duties of the Assembly referred to in paragraph 2(2) and paragraph 3(2)(b) of Schedule 6 to the GLA Act 1999; namely, to receive and consider the Mayor’s consultation prior to the determination of the draft component budget for the Authority and to receive and consider the Mayor’s consultation prior to the final determination of the draft consolidated GLA budget.
4. To examine, monitor and report to the Assembly from time to time on matters relating to the budgets and performance of the Greater London Authority and the Functional Bodies.
5. To consider budgetary and performance matters on request from another standing committee and report its opinion to that standing committee.
6. To take into account in its deliberations the cross cutting themes of: the health of persons in Greater London; the achievement of sustainable development in the United Kingdom; climate change; and the promotion of opportunity.
7. To respond on behalf of the Assembly to consultations and similar processes when within its terms of reference.
8. To refer any issues to the Budget Monitoring Sub-Committee which fall within the Committee’s remit.
9. To examine, monitor and report to the Assembly from time to time on Mayoral directions, approvals and decisions, insofar as they relate to the budgets and performance of the GLA and the Functional Bodies.
That the terms of reference, as agreed at the Annual Meeting of the London Assembly on 2 May 2019 and as set out at Agenda Item 4 for the meeting, be noted.