To receive any apologies for absence and any announcements from the Chair.
1.1 Apologies for absence were received from Florence Eshalomi AM and Fiona Twycross AM.
1.2 The Chair welcomed to the public gallery staff and students from St Dominic’s 6th Form College, Harrow.
1.3 The Chair provided an update on some recent Assembly activity, including the publication by the Economy Committee of its report ‘Short Changed’ on the financial health of Londoners; the publication of the Budget and Performance Committee’s response to the Mayor’s draft consultation budget 2018-19, and the launch later that day of the Police and Crime Committee’s report on antisocial behaviour.
1.4 The Chair advised the Assembly with regret of the recent death of former Greater London Council Member Joan Wykes MBE, who represented Chislehurst between 1973 and 1986, and the Assembly placed on record their condolences to her family.
1.5 The Chair invited the Assembly to join her in congratulating all Londoners who were awarded honours in the New Year’s Honours list, including the following recipients within the GLA family:
· Metropolitan Police Service Deputy Commissioner Craig Mackey QPM, knighted for services to policing;
· Dr Anne Rainsberry, NHS England Regional Director London and Mayor’s health adviser, awarded CBE for services to healthcare;
· Jackie Adams-Bonitto, Head of Training Assurance at London Fire Brigade, awarded MBE for services to Fire and Rescue Service and to diversity;
· Michael Barratt, Development Impact Assessment Lead at Transport for London awarded MBE for services to transport;
· Dr David Prout, former OPDC Board Member, awarded Companion of the Order of the Bath for services to transport; and
· David Simm, Acting Detective Inspector, Metropolitan Police Service, awarded OBE for services to National Security and Counter Terrorism.