The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today unveiled a state-of-the-art testing facility for the new fleet of Crossrail trains during a visit to the Bombardier factory in Derby.
Plans to create a new waterside community on the eastern edge of Canary Wharf with up to 3,610 homes and more than 17,000 jobs have been approved by the Mayor of London today (Wednesday, December 10).
• Outdated HQ sold for £370m to Abu Dhabi Financial Group (ADFG) in biggest shake up of Met estate since 1960s
• Proceeds from sale to be invested in cutting-edge technology and a leaner, more modern estate
As part of National Tree Week the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today announced plans to make London leafier by planting the final 4,300 trees in his Street Tree Initiative.
Budding tech and science start-up businesses in the capital who are looking to raise the finance they need to take their business to the next level can now take advantage of a venture capital fund for small businesses launched today (4 December).
The Mayor of London has welcomed funding commitments by the Government that promise to help deliver a series of significant housing and transport schemes in the capital.
• University College London and University of the Arts London to create two new campuses
• Victoria and Albert Museum and Sadler’s Wells will be at the core of the cultural district
A new app to make it easier for victims to report hate crime online is one of a raft of new measures aimed at tackling hate crime in the capital to be unveiled by the Deputy Mayor for Policing And Crime, Stephen Greenhalgh tomorrow (3 December).
National AIDS Trust and Mayor of London join forces to raise awareness and tackle stigma
• Architects Bjarke Ingels Group wins competition to design Malaysia Square in Battersea.