The Mayor of London Boris Johnson was joined by Members of the London Assembly, MPs, Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis, and Holocaust survivors today at the annual Holocaust Memorial Day ceremony at City Hall.
The Mayor of London is in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq today (22 January), at the invitation of the Kurdistan Regional Government Prime Minister, Nechirvan Barzani, where he is promoting trade links with the UK and London in an area that has become a success story for the Middle East.
The Mayor, Boris Johnson, has announced the launch of a tough new gang intervention pilot, which will see members of some of the most active gangs in London collectively punished for the criminal actions of individual members, as part of the Mayor’s ongoing commitment to tackle gang violen
• £12m to kick start restoration of heritage Thames building, an icon of industrial London
• Part of wider Silvertown vision to create 5m sq ft of new business space, 3,000 new homes and more than 20,000 new jobs
Thousands of aging council homes across the capital are set to be renovated and repaired, thanks to a £145 million funding boost from the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson.
The Mayor of London Boris Johnson has appointed award-winning actress Emma Thompson as his TB Ambassador in a bid to raise awareness of the disease which is more prevalent in London than any other capital in the developed world.
• Top teams including Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are supporting positive activity and helping to steer young people away from crime
• New gas engines to deliver cheaper low carbon electricity for the Tube network
• Potential to heat up to 20,000 Greenwich homes, improving air quality through lower boiler emissions and reducing utility bills for residents by around 10 per cent
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, today announced his intention for millions of pounds of funding for two new schemes to help Londoners into affordable home ownership and accelerate the delivery of new homes.
The new commission for the Fourth Plinth, Gift Horse by artist Hans Haacke, will be unveiled on Thursday 5 March 2015 in London’s Trafalgar Square. Commissioned by the Mayor of London as part of the Fourth Plinth Commissioning Programme, Gift Horse will be the tenth sculpture to be unveiled on...
With Londoners across the capital attending a host of celebrations to say farewell to 2014 and welcome in 2015, the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, said:
• Apprenticeship Grant for Employers to double from £1500 to £3000
• Businesses can apply from 1st January 2015
• Final preparations underway for New Year's Eve fireworks display
• Non ticketholders advised to avoid the event area
• Hundreds of alternative celebrations across London – but plan ahead