New Year's Eve Fireworks frequently asked questions
Top 5 questions
For the first time ever, you'll be able to ask us questions about this year's event through our automated City Hall NYE bot on Facebook messenger.
The bot is still being tested so if you have any problems, leave us a message on our London Gov Facebook page.
Search for your question
Receiving your tickets
Getting your tickets
- How much do tickets cost?
- How can I buy a ticket?
- Why do I need a ticket?
- Can I see the fireworks without a ticket?
- What view will I get with a ticket?
- Is this event suitable for young children?
- Can I buy tickets from other sellers?
- Can I sell my tickets to someone else?
- How many tickets can I buy?
- What if I buy or have a ticket, but can no longer come to the event?
- Can I buy tickets for other people as a gift?
- Why does the main ticket buyer need to show photo ID to get into the event?
- What ID can I use to get into the event?
Planning your night
- What time should I arrive?
- What can I expect from the night?
- What can I take into the viewing areas?
- What isn’t allowed in the viewing areas?
- What things do I need to remember on the night?
- Can I bring pets?
- Can I come in after the specified entry times?
- What do I need to bring with me to get into the event?
- Where do I enter the event?
- My transport gets me to one side of the river, but my viewing area is on the other. How can I get to the right side?
- How long will it take to leave the event after the fireworks finish?
- Can I bring my own food and drink (including alcohol)?
- Will there be toilets?
- Are there disabled toilet facilities?
- Will there be food and drinks for sale?
- Is there a covered area if it rains?
- Is there first aid?
- Are there special meeting points within the ticketed area?
- Will there be Wi-Fi in the ticketed area?
Travel and transport
- Will there be free transport on the night?
- What Tube stations should I use to get to the event?
- Will there be disruptions that may affect your travel to and from the fireworks?
- Will there be any transport closures or changes?
- Can I get a bus home from the event?
- Can I get a taxi or minicab home from London New Year’s Eve?
- Can I drive in central London on New Year's Eve?
- What time will the ticketed viewing areas be back to normal?