City Hall educational visits
Visiting City Hall
Visits to City Hall offer students a unique opportunity to learn about their city and how it is run. They will be within the home of London’s regional government.
Visits are designed to:
- enthuse Londoners about their city, through our fascinating history and unique place on the national and global stage
- explain the roles and responsibilities of the Greater London Authority, the Mayor of London and the London Assembly
- develop an understanding of different political viewpoints and an appreciation of the importance of voting
- use contemporary issues to bring the policy-making process to life
- give visitors confidence and encourage them to engage in political debates
- encourage visitors to actively engage with City Hall
Education visits are suitable for all school groups: key stage 2 and above, colleges, universities and other London groups.
Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee a tour of City Hall as part of the visit. Access to different areas of the building depends on which meetings and events are taking place on the day.
How to book
For more information, details of availability or to make a booking, please email [email protected]
Use our pre-visit checklist and read our FAQs below for more information.
Education visits for the current academic year are now fully booked.
Booking for 2019/2020 will open on 1 May.