City Hall educational visits
Visiting City Hall
Visits to City Hall offer students a unique opportunity to learn about their city and how it is run. They will be within the home of London’s regional government.
Visits are designed to:
- enthuse Londoners about their city, through our fascinating history and unique place on the national and global stage
- explain the roles and responsibilities of the Greater London Authority, the Mayor of London and the London Assembly
- develop an understanding of different political viewpoints and an appreciation of the importance of voting
- use contemporary issues to bring the policy-making process to life
- give visitors confidence and encourage them to engage in political debates
- encourage visitors to actively engage with City Hall
Education visits are suitable for all school groups: key stage 2 and above, colleges, universities and other London groups.
Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee a tour of City Hall as part of the visit. Access to different areas of the building depends on which meetings and events are taking place on the day.
September 2016: fully booked
October 2016: fully booked
November 2016: fully booked
December 2016: fully booked
January 2017: fully booked
February 2017: good availability
March 2017: good availability
April 2017: limited availability
May 2017: good availability
June 2017: good availability
July 2017: good availability