The Assembly may hold Confirmation Hearings when the Mayor proposes to make an appointment to the following offices:
Confirmation Hearings Committee
- Chair or deputy chair of Transport for London
- Chair of the Cultural Strategy Group
- Chair or deputy chair of the London Pensions Fund Authority
- Chair of the London Waste and Recycling Board
- Chair of a Mayoral Development Corporation, such as the London Legacy Development Corporation
The Mayor must notify the Assembly when he wishes to make one of the above appointments, and the Assembly has three weeks to respond to him with a recommendation as to whether the appointment should be confirmed. The Assembly may request that a candidate attends a Confirmation Hearing to answer questions relating to the appointment before making a recommendation.
The Mayor may choose to accept or reject the Assembly’s recommendation and must notify the Assembly of his decision. The appointment cannot be made until the end of the confirmation process.
Contact the Confirmation Hearings Committee
If you have a media enquiry relating to the Confirmation Hearings Committee please contact:
Head of Communications
020 7983 4228
If you have a query about the Confirmation Hearings Committee and its work please contact:
Senior Committee Officer
020 7983 6559