Would you like to be paid to work for one of our teams at City Hall and gain a Level 3 Standard in Business Administration?
Become an apprentice at City Hall
What an apprenticeship at City Hall means
Our apprenticeship programme will give you valuable experience in your chosen area of work, it also leads towards a Level 3 Standard in Business Administration.
As an apprentice you will work within one of our teams during your 13 months. But you are also encouraged to get involved with as many different teams as possible, to make the most of your time here.
What our previous apprentices say
- Lucienne was an apprentice in the Secretariat team. She now works as a Project Officer in the London Assembly Secretariat
- Calum did his apprenticeship with the Facilities Management (FM) team, before progressing on to a Higher Apprenticeship within the Technology Group. He now works as a Project Support Officer
- James started as an apprentice within the Intelligence Opinion & Research team. He stayed with the team to complete his Higher Apprenticeship
- Honor was an apprentice in the Economic and Business Policy Unit (EBPU) team and has since become a Committee Assistant in the London Assembly Secretariat
- Farhana was an apprentice in the Human Resources (HR) team and is now employed in our HR team.
- Ellie did her apprenticeship with the Regeneration team. She went on to do a Higher Apprenticeship with the Housing and Land team, and now works for them full-time
- Ria completed her apprenticeship in our External Relations team, and has gone on to work for City Hall's International Relations team in the Mayor's Office
- Dominic did his apprenticeship in our Facilities Management team. He went on to work for Transport for London as a Commercial Administrator
Apply now to become a 2019 apprentice
Applications for our 2019 Apprenticeship in Business Administration scheme have now closed.
We recommend you sign up for vacancy alerts to receive a notification of when vacancies have been advertised, please register on our Recruitment System and follow the instructions.
Our apprenticeships are:
- run as 13-month placements
- paid an annual salary of £19,679 (equivalent to the London living wage)
- designed to fit alongside apprentices working towards a Level 3 Standard in Business Administration
- subject to normal recruitment process in terms of advertisement, application process, pre-employment checks and terms and conditions of employment. See our how to apply and why work for us pages for more details