Are you a young person without a degree? Would you like to be paid to work for one of our teams at City Hall and gain an NVQ?
Become an apprentice at City Hall
What an apprenticeship at City Hall means
Our apprenticeship programme is aimed at young people who don’t have a degree. As well as giving you valuable experience in your chosen area of work, it also leads towards an National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in Business Administration.
As an apprentice you will work within one of our teams during your 12 months. But you are also encouraged to get involved with as many different teams as possible, to make the most of your time here.
The teams hosting an apprentice in 2017 are:
What our previous apprentices say
- Lucienne was an apprentice in the Secretariat team. She now works as a Project Officer in the London Assembly Secretariat.
- Calum did his apprenticeship with the Facilities Management (FM) team, before progressing on to a Higher Apprenticeship within the Technology Group.
- James started as an apprentice within the Intelligence Opinion & Research team. He stayed with the team to complete his Higher Apprenticeship.
- Honor was an apprentice in the Economic and Business Policy Unit (EBPU) team and has since become a Committee Assistant in the London Assembly Secretariat.
- Farhana was an apprentice in the Human Resources (HR) team and is now employed in our HR team.
- Ellie did her apprenticeship with the Regeneration team. She went on to do a Higher Apprenticeship with the Housing and Land team, and now works for them full-time.
- Ria completed her apprenticeship in our External Relations team, and has gone on to work for City Hall's International Relations team in the Mayor's Office.
- Dominic did his apprenticeship in our Facilities Management team. He went on to work for Transport for London as a Commercial Administrator.
How to become a 2018 apprentice
Applications for our 2018 apprenticeship scheme is now live. Please click here to head to the vacancy page for more information.
The closing date for applications is Monday 23 October 2017 at 23.59 GMT.
Our internship vacancies are advertised on our current vacancies page.
We recommend you sign up for our vacancy alerts to receive a notification of when an internship vacancy has been advertised.
Our apprenticeships are:
- run as 12-month placements
- paid an annual salary of £18,811 (equivalent to the London living wage)
- designed to fit alongside apprentices working towards an NVQ in Business Administration (ranging from Level 2 to Level 3)
- subject to normal recruitment process in terms of advertisement, application process, pre-employment checks and terms and conditions of employment. See our how to apply and why work for us pages for more details