One of the main reasons London was awarded the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games was that we promised to use them to get more people involved in sport and physical activity – by delivering a genuine grassroots sporting legacy for London.
We are determined to achieve every part of this legacy, and want as many Londoners as possible to feel they’ve benefitted directly from hosting the Games.
‘A Sporting Future for London’
‘A Sporting Future for London’ is the Mayor’s plan for making sure we continue to increase the numbers of Londoners who regularly take part in sport and physical activity.
The London Community Sports Board
The London Community Sports Board supports the Mayor by helping develop sports policy and making sure that London benefits from a long term Olympic legacy.
Chaired by the Mayor’s Commissioner for Sport, Kate Hoey MP, board members include:
• Andy Sutch, Chair, London Fed of Sport and Recreation
• Mark Sesnan, Chairman, ProActive Central; Managing Director, GLL
• Sangita Patel, Policy and Performance Manager, Sported
• David Sparkes Chief Executive, Amateur Swimming Association
• Brian Dickens, Director, Sport for Social Change Network
• Cllr Doug Taylor, Council Leader, Enfield Council
• Shaun Dawson, Chief Executive, Lee Valley Regional Park Authority