Introduction to the LCRB
The London Crime Reduction Board (LCRB) was established in 2010 as a means of rationalising a plethora of pan-London partnership boards. Its underlying principle is to improve accountability between partners through the delivery of an agreed partnership strategic plan.
The LCRB meets quarterly and carries out a number of functions including:
- reviewing high-level intelligence on crime and public concerns about safety and agreeing pan-London policing and crime priorities
- establishing shared priorities for pan-London approaches, where these can demonstrably add value to the work of local partnership activity
- providing a consultative link with central government departments on crime strategy development
- identifying and resolving barriers to delivering a co-ordinated approach to the crime and disorder agenda within London
The LCRB's Terms of Reference are available to download below.
The board comprises:
- Mayor of London, Boris Johnson
- Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime, Stephen Greenhalgh
- Three London Council Leaders (currently Westminster, Haringey and Hackney). The Commissioner (MPS) attends the meeting as their policing advisor.
- The MPS Commissioner/Deputy Commissioner acts as technical adviser to the board and also attends. The Board meets quarterly.
The LCRB has identified three issues where joint planning and delivery are currently key to London:
- tackling gangs
- tackling anti-social behaviour
- reducing re-offending
LCRB meeting dates
The 2013 LCRB meeting dates are:
26 April 2013
26 June 2013
26 September 2013
16 December 2013
Minutes of previous LCRB meetings can be found below
Delivery Management Group (DMG)
A multi-agency chief officer group supports the LCRB. The strategic aim of the DMG is to deliver the priorities of the LCRB in reducing ASB, crime and reoffending by maximising the capabilities of partners through coordinated delivery.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 020 7983 5693
Mayor’s Office of Policing and Crime
2nd Floor City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, More London, London SE1 2AA
|LCRB Terms of Reference||112.74 KB|
|LCRB Minutes - 6 December 2011||174.44 KB|
|LCRB Minutes - 12 March 2012||117.99 KB|
|LCRB Minutes - 20 July 2012||72.12 KB|
|LCRB Minutes - 25 September 2012||82.41 KB|
|LCRB Minutes - 13 December 2012||87.29 KB|
|LCRB Minutes - 26 April 2013||60.46 KB|
|LCRB Minutes - 26 September 2013||57.11 KB|