Following on from the launch of the Mayor’s Housing Covenant in September 2012 and as part of the ongoing delivery mechanisms of the covenant, on the 26th October 2012 the Mayor launched his new Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund of up to £60 million. The fund is aimed at encouraging the development of new homes that provide specialised housing for London’s older people and disabled adults.
The benefits of this new programme are significant. It will help to transform the lives of older and disabled Londoners who, by moving to well-designed, accessible homes, with an appropriate level of care, will have renewed independence and dignity. It will free up family-sized housing, which will both help tackle the blight of overcrowding and provide homes for London’s workforce. It will help reduce social care and health costs.
Organisations are invited to offer proposals for specialised supported housing solutions across London that house older and disabled people. We welcome proposals in two phases.
- Phase one: Bids for new supported housing homes that cannot be delivered without the benefit of grant funding. Full and detailed information can be found in the funding prospectus below.
- Phase two: Expressions of interest: It is recognised that the private market has different drivers and funding needs to the affordable housing market, and as such as part of the expressions of interest, the GLA are seeking advice on how best to address these needs.
Phase one: Submission of bids
Bids must be submitted before noon on 18th January 2013. All bids must be input onto the GLA’s online Investment Management System (IMS) and written supporting information must be sent to the GLA using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bidders who are existing GLA IMS users can use their existing login to access the system and input your bid information.
• Bidders who do not have an IMS login will need to register as an IMS user. Bidders are advised to become registered by Monday 17th December. Further information on how to become registered to bid on the IMS can be requested by e-mailing email@example.com.
Guidance on how to bid on line through the GLA IMS can be found here:
• IMS Guidance PDF (opens in new window)
• IMS Guidance for expert users PDF (opens in new window)
The bid prospectus sets out the supporting information required with the online submission. This information should be received no later than the on-line submission deadline. Upon receipt of your supporting information you will receive an automated e-mail acknowledging receipt of your e-mail.
Investment partner status and prequalification
In order for an organisation to access funding it is a requirement to be qualified as an Investment partner with the GLA. Any organisation can bid for the fund however if successful, it is a requirement that the pre qualification test is passed to qualify as an Investment Partner. Information on how to qualify as an Investment Partner can be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phase two: Expressions of interest
We request that Expressions of are submitted to the GLA by 15th March 2013. All submissions should be made in using the pro-forma below and sent by e-mail to the GLA using the e-mail address email@example.com.
Further information on phase two can be found in the Mayor's Care and Support Specialised Housing Fund prospectus.
Any questions or queries in relation to Phase one (bidding for grant funding) can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on an ongoing basis.
FAQs will be updated on a regular basis throughout the biding round.
Queries regarding Phase two (expressions of interest) can be made to email@example.com.