Energy efficiency is at the heart of London’s commitment to tackle climate change.
Being more energy efficient will reduce CO2 emissions, but will also reduce energy bills for Londoners and London’s businesses. To meet the challenge of climate change, we need to increase our energy efficiency in as many places, as many ways and as much as possible.
We’re pursuing improved energy efficiency in a number of ways, including:
- Making sure all new developments help reduce carbon emissions. A 2009 study by Southbank University concluded that the London Plan has already delivered significant carbon emission reductions in new developments.
Read the Impact of London Plan on Energy Policies report.
- Helping to improve energy efficiency in homes across London.
- Working with the public sector to improve energy efficiency in their buildings
- Working in partnership with London’s businesses to address their energy efficiency challenges.
- Working to improve the energy efficiency of our own buildings