London Borough of Richmond/London Borough of Hounslow
Crane Valley Park stretches through the London boroughs of Richmond and Hounslow and consists of a number of green spaces. The park itself is perhaps the best known but there are also areas of woodland, scrub and grassland. Crane Valley Park is an important resource for local people.
How the park has been improved
The aim was to open up access to previously unwelcoming parts of Crane Valley Park, improve facilities and create a stronger sense of identity for the park.
The Mayor helped to fund improvements to Crane Valley Park including:
- Improvement of entrances;
- Development of new footpaths and improvement to existing ones;
- New signage;
- New furniture including benches and litter bins;
- Management of woodland to open up views and improve access;
- New play area and outdoor gym;
- An outdoor classroom;
- Improvements to the river to provide habitat for wildlife.