Register your Clean-Up
Advice and Support for Community Groups
Planning ahead is important to the success of your clean-up. We have created a Capital Clean-up Community Toolkit, which will provide all the information you need to help you get started.
Also, don't forget, we are on hand to give you any advice you may need, just email and tell us about what you want to achieve.
Health and Safety
Health and safety is extremely important. It’s essential when you organise a project that you are aware of your legal responsibilities. You should consider health and safety early on in your planning and it is important and strongly recommended that you:
- carry out a full risk assessment to identify safety issues and potential hazards
- ensure your event is covered by public liability insurance
- properly induct your volunteers, introducing them to the project and what is expected of them
- have a qualified first aider present and
- ensure that volunteers wear appropriate protective clothing