London boroughs and housing associations were today given a huge boost as the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, allocated almost half a billion pounds to over 50 housing providers to build thousands of new affordable homes in the capital.
• Comes as major review into the treatment of crime victims and witnesses, led by the Victims’ Commissioner Baroness Newlove, is published
• International design team sought to design 'Olympicopolis' - a world-class new cultural and educational quarter at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
• Victoria and Albert Museum, University College London and Sadler’s Wells will be part of the project
• As Mayor's #BackBusking campaign continues, 200 acts battle it out in UK's biggest street music competition
• Catch them live over next three weeks on the Tube, at Network Rail stations, St Paul's Cathedral, Somerset House, Regent Street, Westfield and other prime locations
• Lambeth and Croydon each win c£600k to pioneer school-based & community projects to improve health and attainment
• Five-year pilot – Lighter London - aims to tackle child obesity and diet related health issues
• Major retailers Morrisons, Sainsbury’s & Tesco sign up to...
Official annual crime figures released today demonstrate the clear progress being made by the Metropolitan Police Service in cutting crime in the capital compared to the rest of England and Wales. London saw a total of 698,729 offences in 2013/14 – down by over 70,000 offences in a single year...
Three leading firms of architects have released designs for the redevelopment of Heathrow Airport into a new town that could potentially support 90,000 new jobs, provide homes for up to 190,000 people and add £7.5 billion to the UK economy.
- Mayor's intervention will allow the Fulham Boys School to open as planned on its temporary site this September
- Mayor guarantees a permanent site in Fulham will be found, allowing the Education Funding Agency to release funds immediately
- City Hall secures agreement on a longer...
Over 150 of the capital’s commercial property owners and agents will be at City Hall today (15 July) to learn how to take advantage of a multimillion pound scheme set up to enable them to provide high speed broadband for their tenants.
As Public Health England launches a major new Change4Life campaign to get children more active during the summer holidays, the Deputy Mayor of London, Victoria Borwick is today visiting St Luke's CE primary school on the Isle of Dogs, to see first-hand what it is doing to improve pupils' health...
The Mayor of London has welcomed £236m of Government funding that will be used to help create thousands of new jobs in the capital.