How many extra savings can the Mayor squeeze out of the fire brigade without closing stations? How is the vehicle and equipment PFI contact performing since being sold by AssetCo? And how are the Met’s savings targets affecting officer numbers?
The London Assembly’s Budget Monitoring Sub-Committee will tomorrow question senior finance officers from the Metropolitan Police and London Fire Brigade about their financial monitoring reports for the second quarter of 2012/13.
From 3.30pm: London Fire Brigade
The Committee will question the following guests about how the London Fire Brigade has found additional savings in 2012/13 and where further savings may be found to meet its £30m savings target for 2013/14:
- Sue Budden, Director of Financial and Contractual Services
- Rita Dexter, Deputy Commissioner, LFB
From approx 4.15pm: Metropolitan Police
Committee Members will question the following guests about spending targets and the implications for officer numbers at the Met:
- Bob Atkins, Chief Finance Officer, MOPAC
- Tracie Evans, Director or Resources, MPS
The meeting will take place on Tuesday, 11 December from 3.30pm in Committee Room 4 at City Hall (The Queen’s Walk, London SE1 2AA). Media and members of the public are invited to attend. The meeting can also be viewed via webcast.
Notes for Editors
- Read the full agenda papers.
- The Chair of the Budget Monitoring Sub-Committee, John Biggs AM, is available for interview. See contact details below.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For media enquiries, please contact Alastair Cowan on 020 7983 4504. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.