Public meetings, events and report launches coming up next week.
Tuesday 8 March 2011
Audit Panel – 10am in Committee Room 5
The Panel will consider internal and external audit reports.
MEDIA CONTACT: Mark Demery on 020 7983 5769
Wednesday 9 March 2011
Transport Committee – 10am in the Chamber
The Committee will question the following guests as part of its investigation into how to tackle growing traffic congestion:
- Kulveer Ranger, Transport Advisor, the Mayor of London
- Garrett Emmerson, Chief Operating Officer, London Streets
- Mike Keegan, Transport Strategy Manager, Transport for London
- Prof Stephen Glaister, Chief Executive, RAC Foundation
- John Howells, London and South East Director, Road Haulage Association
- Eric Manners, Head of Policy and Programmes, Islington Council
MEDIA CONTACT: Dana Gavin on 020 7983 4603
Thursday 10 March 2011
The Economic Development, Culture, Sport and Tourism Committee will launch its report into the ticket price structure for the 2012 Games.
MEDIA CONTACT: Alastair Cowan on 020 7983 5404
Notes for Editors:
- More information about the road congestion investigation.
- More information about the 2012 ticketing investigation.
- Meetings are held at City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London SE1 2AA and are open to the media and members of the public.
- Detailed agenda papers for all the meetings are available on our website.
- All our public meetings are webcast live and are available online for up to six months.
- As well as investigating issues that matter to Londoners, the London Assembly acts as a check and a balance on the Mayor.
For more information, please contact the media team on 020 7983 4283. For out of hours media enquiries, call 020 7983 4000 and ask for the London Assembly duty press officer. Non-media enquiries should be directed to the Public Liaison Unit on 020 7983 4100.