The report makes a series of recommendations to boost current plans and improve the Norrth London Line’s frequency and capacity, including:
- The Department of Transport securing funding from the freight industry and port developers for alternative freight routes
- Three door carriages for passengers to board and alight quicker
- Real time information screens similar to the Tube and Docklands Light Railway
- Transport for London (TfL) to electrify the Gospel Oak to Barking stretch of the line, which only runs diesel trains
- TfL and Network Rail to develop a timetable for step-free access to stations.