London Assembly Member
- Labour Party
- 3 May 2012
- Chair of the Transport Committee
- Member of the Budget and Performance Committee
- Member of the Confirmation Hearings Committee
- Member of the GLA Oversight Committee
- Member of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA)
- Lambeth and Southwark
- Key Issues
- Transport, the safety of Londoners, improvement in London's public services, regeneration, human rights and democracy
- Register of Members' Interests
- Register of Members' Interests - Valerie Shawcross
- Valerie Shawcross's expenses
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Valerie Shawcross Gifts and Hospitality
Valerie has a BA in Politics and an MA in Education. She has worked for the Inner London Education Authority, the Commonwealth Secretariat and as Head of Public Affairs for the National Federation of Women’s Institutes. She is a former Labour Party National Women’s Officer. She was a Croydon councillor between 1994 and 2000, serving as Leader (1997-2000). Valerie was awarded a CBE in 2002.
She was elected to the Assembly in 2000 and between 2000-2008 she chaired the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (which runs London Fire Brigade). Since 2008 She has alternated being Chair and Deputy Chair of the Assembly Transport Committee annually.
Valerie is Patron of the Norwood Community Group.
Biographical information as supplied by individual Assembly Members.
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
Telephone: 020 7983 4401