London Assembly Member
- Liberal Democrat
- 3 May 2012
- Chair of the Economy Committee
- Deputy Chair of the Budget and Performance Committee
- Deputy Chair of the Environment Committee
- Member of the Housing Committee
- Member of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority - LFEPA Register of Interests
- Key Issues
- London’s economy, jobs & growth, GLA budget, environment & air pollution, fire safety
- Register of Members' Interests
- Register of Members' Interests - Stephen Knight
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Stephen Knight Gifts and Hospitality
Stephen has been an elected councillor in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames for more than 14 years, and is currently Leader of the 24-strong Liberal Democrat Group on Council. He was Deputy Leader of the Council between 2006 and 2010.
Stephen is the national spokesperson for Liberal Democrats in local government on workforce issues, as the party’s lead member on the Local Government Association’s Workforce Board.
Stephen studied Physics at Southampton University, where he was elected President of the Students’ Union. After working in both the voluntary and private sectors, he worked for London Councils (formerly Association of London Government) as a political adviser to senior London councillors. He has been chair of governors of St Mary’s & St Peter’s Primary School in Teddington for more than a decade.
Biographical information as supplied by individual Assembly Members.
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
Telephone: 020 7983 4381