London Assembly Member
- 3 May 2012
- Member of the Budget and Performance Committee
- Member of the Confirmation Hearings Committee
- Member of the Transport Committee
- Mayor's Ambassador for River Transport
- Chairman of the London Waste and Recycling Board (LWaRB)
- Merton and Wandsworth
- Key Issues
- Cutting crime and protecting residents with more visible policing, improving the public transport network, keeping the costs of the GLA to a minimum, protecting and promoting the interests of Merton, Wandsworth and London
- Register of Members' Interests
- Register of Members' Interests - Richard Tracey
- Richard Tracey's expenses
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Richard Tracey Gifts and Hospitality
Richard Tracey was MP for Surbiton for 14 years and an Environment Minister in the Thatcher Government. He also served as a senior member of the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee.
He is a Justice of the Peace and Freeman of the City of London. He was Chairman of Wandsworth Conservatives from 2003 to 2008.
In 2006, he became Sport England Chair for Pro Active South London and is now a Board member. He takes an active interest in rowing and rugby football as President of both Kingston Amateur Regatta and Kingston RFC, and is a former current affairs broadcaster with BBC Television and Radio for 14 years.
Born in Stratford upon Avon and educated at King Edward VI Grammar School and Birmingham University where he gained an LLB with Honours, he and his wife Kathy live in central Wandsworth and have 4 grown up children and 6 grandchildren.
Biographical information as supplied by individual Assembly Members.
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
Telephone: 020 7983 4389