London Assembly Member
- Labour Party
- 3 May 2012
- Chair of the Planning Committee
- Member of the Housing Committee
- Member of the Regeneration Committee
- Key Issues
- Integrated policy-making across the spectrum of GLA’s responsibilities, strategic planning and integrated transport, including sustainable design and construction, climate change, energy, water, waste and green industries, children and young people, housing, affordable homes, community and cultural regeneration, open space, especially play and recreation space, sustainable suburbs
- Nicky Gavron's expenses
- Register of Members' Interests
- Register of Members' Interests - Nicky Gavron
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Nicky Gavron Gifts and Hospitality
Nicky has been an elected politician since 1986 and has a track record in urban policy development for every level of government. In particular, she has been at the forefront of developing integrated and sustainable land-use, transport and environmental planning policies for London. In 2000, she became the first statutory Deputy Mayor of London, a post she held for seven years.
In this role, she worked closely with Mayor Livingstone to set up the Greater London Authority’s working processes and policy frameworks, with particular responsibility for the London Plan and climate change. She also played a central role in shaping the agenda for women and established the GLA’s Children and Young People’s Unit.
Leading London’s response to climate change, she introduced policies and programmes to reduce C02 emissions across energy, water, waste and transport. Her initiatives include establishing the London Climate Change Agency and the C40: Large Cities Climate Leadership Group.
Biographical information as supplied by individual Assembly Members
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
Telephone: 020 7983 4509