London Assembly Member
- Green Party
- 3 May 2012
- Chair of the London Assembly
- Chair of the Housing Committee
- Member of the Budget and Performance Committee
- Member of the GLA Oversight Committee
- Member of the Transport Committee
- Member of the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority (LFEPA) - LFEPA Register of Interests entry
- Key Issues
- Reducing traffic, improving public transport, tackling London's housing crisis, ending poverty pay, providing jobs and opportunities for young people
- Register of Members' Interests
- Register of Members' Interests - Darren Johnson
- Darren Johnson's expenses
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Darren Johnson Gifts and Hospitality
Darren was elected to the London Assembly in May 2000 and has also served as a Green councillor in Lewisham since 2002.
Darren is currently Chair of the London Assembly for 2013/14 and previously served as Chair in 2009/10.
Darren is also Chair of the London Assembly's Housing Committee. As Chair of the Assembly’s Environment Committee (2004-2009 and 2010-11), Darren has led Assembly investigations into a range of topics including: flood risk in London, water shortages, Heathrow expansion and the loss of London’s street trees. He has been a consistent advocate of measures to reduce traffic, improve public transport and promote cycling and walking and is strong advocate of measures to protect tenants and make housing and rents more affordable in London. As a member of the Fire Authority he is an outspoken opponent of fire station closures.
Darren was born in 1966 and lives in Lewisham with his partner, Dean. He is a graduate of Goldsmiths College, University of London.
Biographical information as supplied by individual Assembly Members.
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
Telephone: 020 7983 4964