London Assembly Member
- Liberal Democrat
- 3 May 2012
- Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group
- Deputy Chair of the Police and Crime Committee
- Deputy Chair of the Transport Committee
- Member of the Confirmation Hearings Committee
- Member of the GLA Oversight Committee
- Register of Members' Interests
- Register of Members' Interests - Caroline Pidgeon
- Caroline Pidgeon's expenses
- Gifts and Hospitality
- Caroline Pidgeon Gifts and Hospitality
Caroline was elected to the London Assembly in May 2008 and has a strong track record of campaigning on issues such as strong policing and improved public transport. She is Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group, Deputy Chair of the London Assembly's Transport Committee and Deputy Chair of the Police and Crime Committee. Caroline has been a Trustee of the Centre for Literacy in Primary Education in Waterloo since 2005.
Caroline was a member of the Metropolitan Police Authority between 2008 and 2012 and the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority between 2008 and 2010.
Caroline was a Liberal Democrat Councillor in Southwark between 1998 and 2010 during which time she held several posts including Deputy Leader of Southwark Council and Executive Member for Children’s Services and Education. Caroline was also a Board Member of Lambeth and Southwark Housing Association between 2002 and 2010.
Caroline was awarded an MBE in the 2013 New Year Honours List for public and political service.
Caroline moved to London after graduating from the University of Wales Aberystwyth in 1994. She worked in local government and the health service for over a decade before becoming a full time politician.
Biographical information as supplied by individual Assembly Members.
The Queen's Walk
London SE1 2AA
Telephone: 020 7983 4962