Everyone’s invited to come and celebrate Eid on Saturday 2 August in Trafalgar Square.
Highlights include a food festival where you can sample a host of delicious cuisines from across the world. There’ll be Malaysian, Turkish, South Asian, Egyptian, Lebanese, Indonesian, Arabic and more.
You can also enjoy live music and performances, while there’s also a range of fun activities for children to try like face-painting, henna, calligraphy and sports.
Eid Festival is a Mayor of London event to mark the end of Ramadan.
Watch the Mayor's message for Eid-ul-Fitr below:
Keep checking this page for further updates.
The exclusive catwalk show is produced by AsianBride, EBH and Eventology and will feature designers from South Asia and the Middle East with a mix of contemporary Arabic Islamic clothing with western and eastern influences.
Timings on stage
13.15 and 15.30
Make up by Lubna Rafiq Academy.
Henna Lounge presented by Asian Bride Magazine.
Visit the Muslim & Single Tent to find your perfect Muslim Match.
You’ll be spoilt for choice with at the food festival with a feast of global delights. Malaysia Kitchen (Martrade) will be offering a feast of Malaysian cuisines from their finest restaurants. A famous Malaysian chef will be doing cooking demonstrations using ingredients from their food market. Visitors can sample the food and take away top cooking tips to try at home.
Malaysian caterers on the day include:
- Puji Puji – famous chicken satay
- Dapur – Malaysian meat and vegetarian curries, rice, and noodles
- Makan – Malaysian meat, fish and vegetarian curries, noodles, snacks and bread
Other caterers offering delicious treats include:
- Mani Caterers – Turkish kebabs and falafel including Turkish delight and baklava
- Hao Chii – Cantonese cuisine and Chinese halal Dim Sum
- Koshari Street – Eqyptian vegetarian cuisine
- Exotic Tagine –Moroccan cuisine
- Big Apple Hot Dogs – Halal hot dogs
- Guptas Indian – Indian street food, including chaat, curry, rice and Indian dessert.
- Thai – Thai cuisine, meat and vegetarian noodles.
- Oasis Catering Ltd – Middle East/Lebanese/Moroccan cuisine
- Shock’s Coconut Hub – Fresh coconut mik
- Thirst Solutions – offering flavoured mango lassis and Indian ice-cream kulfis
The stage programme will be presented by Zee TV’s Asad Shan. There'll be entertainment for the whole family, including live performances from Zee TV artists Shehnaz Akhtar, runner-up winner of Zee TV's popular singing talent show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and also singer and performer, Tariq Khan.
Full stage programme to follow
There’ll be lots of great family activities on the North Terrace including:
- Lebara Mobile
- Moneygram – find out about international money transfers
- Barclays Cycle Hire Scheme – learn more about London’s bike hire scheme
- RxClusive – ladies ethnic Indian wedding jewellery, bangles and handbags
- Darussalam Books – Islamic literature for children and adults
- ‘Arsheena’ – contemporary women’s headscarves with an urban twist
- City Circles – Muslim professional networking group providing voluntary work opportunities
- Help for Syria
- Education Aid for Palestinians
- Turkish Calligraphy – artist offering bespoke calligraphy designs on Turkish style plates
- D’Vogue by Sabheen – contemporary stylish clothing range for men and women.
- Henna Lounge and Studio – offering creative henna tattoos for women and the chance to be photographed against various digital backdrops
- Children’s activity area – fun for the kids including face-painting, Islamic storytelling, competitions and art and crafts
- Muslim Match
Come and experience the souk bazaar with exclusive fashions from South Asia, Dubai, Oman, Morocco, Turkey and Indonesia, from modern designer wear to hijabs, abayas, jilbabs, tunics and kaftans. There’ll also be jewellery, handbags, shoes, silk scarves and pashminas, plus Moroccan arts and crafts including rugs, leather slippers, lamps, tagines, cushions, tapestries and more.
The Iraqi Cultural Centre will be promoting Iraqi art, crafts and culture, with a popular calligraphy artist to scroll names into Arabic on paper as gifts, while the Arab Women’s Foundation will be bringing in Arabic prayer mats, attar (non-alcoholic) perfumes and designer jewellery.
Cafe on the Square
The Café on the Square team will be serving a special celebratory Eid ‘High Tea’ with Indian and Middle Eastern savouries and desserts, plus a choice of speciality teas for the occasion, including Masala tea and Mint tea.
There will plenty for the children to enjoy too. The free activities include arts and craft, face painting, Islamic storytelling all provided by the Muslim Scouts Group.
The Spirit of Ramadan exhibition
The Spirit of Ramadan global photography exhibition will be exclusively on show in Trafalgar Square throughout the event. The exhibition showcases Ramadan images from the world of mosques, communities, Iftar feasts and the celebration of Eid.
City Hall is also hosting two free exhibitions in celebrate Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr. Traditional Islamic Art by Dr Lisa DeLong and Out of Arabia – Landscapes of the Arabian Peninsula by the British Council will be on display at City Hall until 31 August. For more information on these exhibitions please visit the Ramadan exhibition page.