Large crowds can sometimes be uncomfortable and unsettling, so make sure you are fully prepared with the following tips.
- Access to viewing areas is controlled to ensure a safe capacity. One-way systems and road closures will be in place to ensure safety. Please follow signage and advice from stewards and police.
- Viewing areas will close once full; some close as early as 9pm. Do not attempt to access viewing areas after 10:30pm.
- If you see anything suspicious or an unattended bag, contact a police officer, event steward or Transport for London staff.
- Keep your possessions with you at all times. Pickpockets operate in crowds, so keep your valuables well hidden.
- Large crowds mean the event is unsuitable for buggies and for very small children.
- Wrap up VERY warm – you get colder than you think when standing still outside for several hours in winter!
- Stay together with friends
- Bring any medication you need with you
- St John Ambulance and London Ambulance Service will be there on the night if you feel unwell
- Bring water with you to keep rehydrated
- No alcohol, food or drink will be on sale at the event
- If bringing alcohol, bring plastic bottles or cans and drink responsibly. No glass!